General Terms and Conditions
eLicense Ohio Professional Licensing Portal
General Terms and Conditions
- Any person, business or organization ("user") choosing to conduct professional licensing activity may be required to use eLicense Ohio to electronically submit transactions to agencies, boards and commissions who administer licensure program(s). Use of eLicense Ohio constitutes an agreement to abide by the rules, terms, and conditions of eLicense Ohio and any licensure programs.
- All usernames created by a business must be for business personnel or associates permitted and authorized by the business to submit transactions on behalf of the business.
- The transactions available through eLicense Ohio are provided in conjunction with sponsoring agencies, boards and commissions who serve as administrators of the respective licensure programs. Transactions include but are not limited to any activity that immediately precedes the issuance, renewal, reinstatement, or reactivation of, or other activity that results in, a license or registration to operate as a regulated professional or entity, payments, service requests, and other similar transactions. The complete list of agency, board and commission professional licenses, and transactions available through eLicense Ohio is provided online. Users seeking to complete any transactions not available through eLicense Ohio must contact the agency, board or commission that administers the respective licensure program for more information and instructions.
- Rates and calculated amounts due as shown online in eLicense Ohio are to be considered accurate.
- In accordance with Ohio Revised Code 125.18 (E) and temporary law Sec. 207.40-Professions Licensing System, as amended by Am. Sub. HB 49 effective July 1, 2017, the eLicense System Transaction Fee is assessed on each license or registration issued as part of the electronic licensing system operated by the Ohio Department of Administrative Services. The fee is charged to all transactions, regardless of form, that immediately precede the issuance, renewal, reinstatement, reactivation of, or other activity that results in, a license or registration to operate as a regulated professional or entity. Each license or registration is a separate transaction to which a fee under this section applies. The revenue generated from this eLicense System Transaction Fee is paid to the State of Ohio and supports a portion of the operational and maintenance costs of the eLicense Ohio portal. Licensing boards and commissions do not receive revenue from this eLicense System Transaction Fee. The eLicense System Transaction Fee is nonrefundable.
- If a transaction is submitted using eLicense Ohio, the user should not file the equivalent paper version of the transaction or complete another electronic version of the transaction for the same period with the same agency, board or commission.
- If payment is rejected or returned by the bank specified by the user, the payee will be subject to each agency, board or commission rules regarding payment deadlines, interest, penalties, and fee charges.